Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#11 and #12

Well, I jumped the gun with my Top Ten, because two more blog-worthy events happened on Monday and Tuesday. 

11. On Monday, Abby Jane opened her birthday present one month early- ballet lessons and all the pink fancy trappings that go with it!
 Daddy was "there" to be a part of the gift.  The somewhat last-minute decision on which program we were going to enter was actually made Monday afternoon because her first class was Tuesday.  Nothing like a buzzer beater. Of sorts.
 I just so happened to guess at what she might need if we happened to decide on a class for her, and I conveniently made a few of those girly purchases last week.  Turns out I guessed right, except for the wrong kind of shoes. It didn't matter b/c they got her through the first class yesterday, and she pretty much couldn't have loved them more.
 We needed to put on our things right away.
She started practicing some ballet moves right away.  I don't know that I've ever seen her so genuinely and deeply thrilled with a gift in her life.
 12. We picked Jake up from the airport last night, and we had a wonderful night of reunion as a family of five.  Having Daddy be a part of our morning routine today was lovely for everyone.  I would like to say especially me, but the other three girls were also pretty thrilled with his special attentions.
Tonight, there was entertainment for the girls while I fixed dinner.  Wow.  The small things you take for granted.
I love that man, and I love that his absence is so gaping when he's gone.  That in itself is something to be immensely grateful for!

1 comment:

lhassler said...

Happy birthday to the ballerina!