It dawned on me in the last week or so that I have 19 months until Abby Jane is in kindergarten five days a week and the twins will go to preschool. There's a lot of living that needs to happen in that period of time, and I'm going to be more intentional about making it happen, rather than playdating it through the week. Maybe I'm running more of a socialite factory than a home.
Secondly, my favorite discovery in the last month is the fabulousness of doing crafts and anything messy in footie pajamas. When you're done, just peel the PJs off and put on clean clothes, and the only thing you're cleaning on your kids are their hands. Or additionally, your cheeks and hair if you're Joy. Because who cares if there's some paint on your pajamas?
Please note: everyone is still in PJs (clean, non-painty ones). It was a rainy day, we weren't going anywhere, and they really wanted PJs. This is what I'm talking about: a lot of living has to happen in the next 19 month, even if it's just saying, OK, cool, wear your footies all day long if we're just home. You're only two and four once.
No comments:
Post a Comment