Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day

Better a late post than no post! On Mother's day, Jake started his day of sweet celebration by letting me stay in bed while he helped Janie get up and come join me in bed while he got out the fixings for this delicious surprise... Breakfast parfaits are one of my VERY favorite things!!
Joy was a little under the weather, so we decided it would feel the most like Mother's Day if I stayed home from church with her and got a rare opportunity to love on this chunk of love by herself, while Jake took the rest of the crew. I don't think she was as sick as she let on.
I made this outfit for Blythe a while back, but you won't find the pattern offered on 418 Stitches! It was my first time to do pants, piping, or a sash, and all in all it took me FOREVER, though I'm sure a second round wouldn't be as bad. :) I love it on my girl, though!
When everyone else got home, we had a picnic lunch and playtime in the front yard...
followed by an attempt at the classic mom/kids picture...
"Attempt" and "classic" being the key words there.
My mom came over that night for a cookout and her first and our second viewing of "The King's Speech". I am so grateful for my precious family and wonderful husband, for the opportunity to be a mom, and for the blessing of my own mom and other wonderful moms around me, challenging me daily and enriching my life!

No comments: