Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pushing 30

I have a great deal to blog, but I'm going to be good and do it chronologically, so here goes! I turned a big 29 on Tuesady, and Jake taught Abby Jane to say that Mama is "pushing 30." Despite this, I had a fabulous birthday, and here are some highlights...

I took the girls to music/storytime at the community center. We, as always, got there late, but that didn't stop Rainboot girl from a front and center spot.
Blythe and Joy also enjoyed making the rounds during music time.
Afterwards we walked over to the farmers market where I acquired a bizarre combination of arugula, butternut squash, fresh tamales, and summer squash. We went from there to meet my mom for lunch at Gabriel's, one of my favorite lunch spots. Blythe was entertained with this lid for quite sometime!
Mom and I had delish veggie wraps, and we all split one of their delightful specialty desserts.
Jake kicked off my birthday evening with a beautiful autumnal arrangement that perfectly matched my new placemats. Joy liked them, too.
Now I have to admit that Jake actually surprised me the week before with my birthday gift! I have been sewing a ridiculous amount lately (I counted 20 dresses, 6 embroidered shirts, and 2 burpcloths since mid-August). Lately I have been putting my sewing machine on the coffeetable so I wouldn't have to always sew in the kitchen. Jake found a collapseable sewing table that I can put away when I'm not working. It was great to get it early so I could have it while I finished up a few projects that week and last weekend, including Blythe and Joy's birthday dresses.
This was my birthday gift to myself. I'm done nursing!! Which was awfully convenient...
so I could enjoy the delightful adults-only fondue and drinks Jake procured for my birthday evening!
It was a sweet day of feeling so blessed by the friends and family God gave me, especially my incredibly thoughtful husband!!! Even if he teaches my two year old to say crazy things.

No comments: