Mostly unrelated and mainly because I just want to remember!
1. Abby Jane calls roasting marshmellows "marshing marshmellows." When she gets the marshmellow on her upper lip while devouring her s'more, Jake calls it a "marshstache."
2. When we were at the orchard on Saturday, there was a grandad near us waiting on his family (with several little kids) to finish up a few pictures. I asked if he would mind taking a picture of our family. He said sure and reached for Joy from my arms.
I had almost just went along and handed Joy to this man before we both realized that was NOT what was supposed to happen. He apologized profusely for reaching in for my child and said he had just been holding grandbabies all day and wasn't even thinking.
I obviously wasn't thinking, either, as I was about to just hand her off to a grandparent-type, something we do often as well! It was funny.
3. Our cells have poor service at the cabin, so Jake bought a prepaid phone when he went up there a few weeks ago for his writing retreat so I could reach him in an emergency. We used to be big "24" fans, so I named it the "Jake Bauer phone" as all the thugs and terrorists seem to have prepaid phones.
While we were gone this weekend, my Explorer got a new transmission. When Jake picked it up, he discovered it had been broken into (though no glass was broken- they somehow just unlocked it??), and what was stolen? Not the double jogger in the back. But yes, the thug-magnet Jake Bauer phone. Classic.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment