Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkins

WARNING: lots of pictures to come, and I don't apologize.

What a packed weekend! The Gillies and our family drove up to Cartersville Friday afternoon to go to the Cartersville HS football game. Jake's dad has been helping out with the team for years, and it was really fun for all of us to see him on the field in action with the players and coaches.
After a big breakfast Saturday and being joined by my mom, we all headed up to the Pumpkin Patch! Luke and Abby Jane led the way...
I spent all last week sewing pumpkin dresses for the girls, only to decide at the last minute that I didn't want to put the pumpkin applique on the dresses I had sewn and limit them to pumpkin season. So here are our $3.50 Garanimals shirts with said applique!
Remember this picture last year?
One year later...
Mimi and Joy, Blythe and Grammy
No one was really into this but the parents!This place is awesome: not crowded, great selection of pumpkins, games, petting farm, and hayride. Here is Blythe checking out the roosters right before one of the pecked her little fingers!!! Grammy was NOT happy about that rooster, as you can imagine.
Abby Jane kissing the "injured" finger.
She recovered and was interested in the llamas.
Those ears back made me a little nervous!
"Pat the Bunny"
Joy was a fan of the fences, and I'm a fan of those icy blues.
Checking out the donkey
They let all of our girls sit on the sweet pony.
Abby Jane, Jake, Grammy, Blythe, me, Joy, Mimi, Bop Bop, Cade, Paul, Luke, and Betsy on the hayride!

Sweet Mimi and Bop Bop- they hosted, fed and spoiled all of us this weekend- family is such a blessing.

3 comments:

Anna Bean said...

What a fun weekend. It looks like you guys had a great time and your girls are just precious. They are getting to look like such big girls and not little babies any more- so sweet:)

The Slagleys said...

I am a fan of those icy blue eyes too, beautiful!

lhassler said...

I can't wait to see the dresses you slaved on. Those appliques are simply adorable!