Pull back shower curtain and see biggest spider cricket I've ever seen.
It jumps.
I jump back, close the curtain, ascertain it is not on my person.
Get paper towel from cleaning supplies in bathroom closet.
Open curtain, attempt to kill spider.
Miss.
Jump back, close curtain.
Try again.
Miss.
Give up, go down hallway to get reinforcement.
Usually valiant husband sleepily gives some strategies, "Try turning on shower to wet it down..."
I think I see a slight smile on his face.
Go back to bathroom, take deep breath, try again.
Only manage to injure cricket. That's worse. It keeps jumping. I consider gagging.
One last try. Succeed in catching/killing cricket. I do gag.
But I won. I'm not a fan of spider crickets, can you tell?
5 comments:
Okay, that's really weird because that sounds JUST like a dream I had last night. First of all let me say that I'm terrified of spiders! I dreamed that a big spider was chasing me around the house and it kept jumping at me. Every time I tried to kill it it wouldn't die it just kept jumping at me. UGH!! Glad you won the battle! :)
You are my hero, Em. I'm pretty sure I would have taken a spider in the shower as a sign from God that I needed to go back to bed. :)
I think you left out some details. Knowing you, I'm sure there was shrieking and screaming involved...
DEFINITELY NOT- all my kids were asleep!
I will never forget my first encounter with one of those buggers...it was in our toilet!!
They might be the scariest things on this planet.
Post a Comment