Well, you can tell they're getting older because the photo shoot is getting a bit mediocre...
because they'd rather be doing this!
Blythe is still sunshine and as busy as a non-mobile, non-sitting-up baby can be. The girl always wants to see what's going on, be in the middle of people, and tell you all about it.
But she wasn't really feeling the shoot yesterday, which is why she only looks mildly interested in the above picture. Below is what she really thought.
Joy is coming back around to being "just joy"- we've seen her get more laid back again and give us plenty of smiles and laughs. It all started when Blythe had a cold a few weeks ago and was NOT happy- Joy seemed to being trying to compensate for Blythe and hasn't really stopped being extra sweet since! She also has started doing her share of talking- so now we have three verbal little females- and Joy remains the snuggliest thing in this home.
We DID get out of the swaddles this month, and Joy pretty much sleeps the same way, give or take a few inches up or down.
I think Blythe gets in a little breakdance before she settles down- she's in a different position all the time!
Jake said she did eight 360's in her Peapod last weekend in Florida before she went to sleep for this nap... and somehow wiggled OUT of her little tent in so doing!!
They eat cereal, fruits, or veggies (or a combo!) three times a day now. So far they've had peas, carrots, green beans, squash, pears, peaches, bananas, and applesauce. Joy likes it all, shocker. Blythe is a bit more discriminating and seems unimpressed by fruits though she'll eat it. Green beans and applesauce (the latter of which we just started yesterday) seem to be most popular for both girls.
Sleeping schedules are the same as at five months- it AMAZES me how much sleep these girls require. I know it's great, but it does hamper our social life and typical get-out-and-go M.O. a bit. Bless their souls, maybe it's just a growth spurt! Their 6 month check up is next week, so I'll know their stats then. I know you're all on pins and needles waiting for that one. :)
Are they sitting up? Not so much. Joy can hang out for a few seconds before gravity pulls her sweet self over. Blythe sits for about a mili-second before she digs her heels in and throws herself backwards (part of why the photo shoot is unpopular). She prefers to stand and can stand holding onto fingers pretty decently.
Both have really gotten into rattles and pulling things into their mouths to munch on. One time they were laying next to each other and Blythe pulled Joy's paci out of Joy's mouth and started chewing on the strap. Joy didn't mind b/c she just reached over and grabbed Blythe's dress and started chewing on that. Compromise- I like it.
Other favorite activities right now: exersaucers are most popular, jumperoo- Blythe is nutty on it, watching Abby Jane, Abby Jane pushing them SO HARD in their swings, and of course, eating and sleeping. They pay attention to books, but get a lot more 2-yr-old books than baby books. We're working on that.
I LIKE them being six months. The past six have been so sweet, though of course with its challenges. The next six will have SO many physical developments, and it's going to be fun to see the transformation.
Six months also means I'm now over halfway done with nursing! I'm SO BEYOND thankful for the ability to nurse these kiddos, but it's nice to be closer to the end than the beginning!
1 comment:
I can't believe they are 6 months already. I SO want to hold them!! 6 and on is so much fun!! They are both just adorable!! Happy Mother's Day Emily!
Post a Comment