Monday, May 3, 2010

Wedding Weekend

It was perfect and an honor to be a part of! Congratulations, Matt and Michelle- thanks for including us in your FANTASTIC weekend!

Michelle and I before the rehearsal dinner at a gorgeous yacht club overlooking the harbor...
Bridesmaids (minus Maggie, who was the most amazing maid of honor I have ever seen in action, and sweet Tyra, one of Michelle's Stuart friends) with the couple before the sweet night began.
Michelle was the most glamorous, beautiful bride in every way! We got ready at the Mansion where the reception was held, which was THE most incredible place and made for a magical reception!
The girls had SUCH fun playing around all weekend- we have collectively been in a cumulative 75 weddings or so. ALSO, our dresses had POCKETS- best thing ever for lip gloss, phones, and cameras. If you are planning a wedding right now or know someone who is, choose dresses with pockets!
My precious Jake and I had the greatest time having two fabulous date nights- great friends, conversations, setting, food, wine, music, and dancing!
Some of the wedding party at the reception...
Matt and Michelle right before being announced at the reception.
Beth and I got in some great time over the weekend- and we were the only ones with little ones there- her Bella Grace is a month and a day older than Blythe and Joy, so we were both juggling feeding our girls around the weekend schedule! There were some funny moments, Blythe spitting up on Beth's bridesmaids dress being one...
Blythe, Bella Grace, and Joy at 10:00 pm when we picked the girls up after the wedding.
MAJOR SHOUT-OUT TO MARIA AND LAURA ANN, Beth's sisters who flew in for the weekend and definitely watched all three babies from about 1 pm to 10 pm on Saturday. Words do not express our gratitude for their incredible gift of self, time, and love for our girls!

On Sunday we got to have a few hours to play in Stuart before catching our flight from West Palm Beach. Here we are by the water. Have I mentioned before that Jake and I LOVE WATER??? Therapy, pure therapy.
I had big plans for getting a six-month photo shoot of the girls in their cute smocked bubbles on the beach. That didn't work out as the hour we had on the beach was smack dab in the middle of their naps. We pulled them from their carseats long enough to snag this, then they let us know that was it.
I can live with that, though, as they were AMAZING troopers for us all weekend! Sweet baby girls...

2 comments:

lhassler said...

You are the definition of glam! Those are the most gorgeous bridesmaid dresses I have ever seen.

Oh, and those smocked bubbles? Where did you get them? They are adorable. You must have one of the largest collections of smocked things ever with three precious little ones. I need your hand-me-downs. HAH!

jane said...

looks like a wonderful wedding... best wishes for the happy couple starting out... those precious babies are the cutest little/chub chub things i ever saw !!!

you need to come have a play day in our yard... we have a sand box that has been a huge hit... even for anna...