I sing "Jesus Loves Me."
Really loudly.
It's not for my girls' benefit.
It's for mine.
The words are truly profound...
"Jesus love ME [mom inadequate to meet all my kids' needs]
"This I KNOW
For the Bible tells me so.
[My] Little ones to Him belong
They [and their mama] are weak
But He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! For the Bible tells me so."
Yesterday, I sang the song once or twice. I should have known it would be one of those days when Jake snagged this picture at 7:45 a.m. of me drying my hair IN THE KITCHEN so I can unload the dishwasher, monitor AJG's breakfast and try to stave off the twins from their oatmeal for another few minutes while preventing my hair from giving into Atlanta humidity. (Do you see all three girls? In the spirit of brutal honesty, I didn't even crop down this photo to keep from showing you my junky rental kitchen in fully-not-cleaned up-from-morning-dishes glory!)
Because I need to hear it.
Today has been every bit as smooth and lovely as yesterday was not. But it's still nice to know that Jesus loves me. And you!
6 comments:
i am SOOOOOOOOO feeling you on this today -- and every day at some point! That's been the biggest adjustment -- figuring out what to do when they both need you and there is only one you! and it's 2:45 and I just washed my hair and going to figure out how to blow dry also!!! :)
That's a great idea! It can be overwhelming some days. It was so good to see you and Jake this weekend. Hope to see you again before too long!
Em-I love this! I do the same thing!!! That is so funny-usually it's at bath time though when ME is fussing at me for getting water in her face while washing her hair or in the car when she's whining:)We missed seeing you this weekend, but loved seeing AJ! She is so big and smart and precious! Thanks for giving us a peek into "real" life! Hope to see you soon!
Oh, Em! I miss you!! This was a great post. I'm going to start using this idea - not only will it benefit me but maybe it will throw the girls off enough that they'll stop whining and start singing along! One can only hope...
Awesome!! I totally understand!
I don"t even know you but I stumbled across your blog from others I read and I thought, "Oh my goodness! I do this too." It seems to help me keep it together when on the verge of breakdown myself.
Post a Comment