Saturday, April 3, 2010

Five Months

My big five-month-olds (who chose not to smile simultaneously this month for their shoot!)
Blythe- the child is just sunshine unless she's extraordinarily hungry or tired. She smiles at the drop of a hat and keeps up a running monologue (particularly when we're at home) that gives Abby Jane a run for her money.
Sweet Joy- this one has become a little less low-key than she had been and a little more of a mama's girl. She's still comparatively laid back and just a little chunk (sorry Joy) of snuggly love.
We have started weaning them from the swaddle and putting them to sleep every time looking like this. Joy typically looks about the same when we get her up, though she sometimes sneaks the other arm out.
Blythe usually ends up looking like this.
Since spring sprang this week, the afternoon rice cereal party is an outdoor affair so big sis can play while we eat. Oatmeal and rice cereal happen three times a day now, and don't you let these girls fool you- I regularly go through at least two bowls each feeding!!!
We introduced the exersaucer and jump-a-roo in the last week, and both girls enjoy them for short periods of time. Abby Jane's babies and animals utilize them the rest of the day.
Joy...
Blythe...
Twinsie items of note...
-getting a little too big to put them on the changing table at the same time
-often hold hands while they're nursing (or poke each other in the eye)
-both giggle most when you tickle their ribs with your nose
-both mostly wearing 6-9 month clothes now
-sleep schedule: nap from 9-10, sometimes cat nap 11:30-12ish, long nap 1-4, sometimes short nap 5:30-6ish, bedtime at 7:30... I know, it's ridiculous- we're so spoiled!

And now, all good things must come to an end...

5 comments:

JJ said...

I'm jealous you have 2 sets of little baby cheeks to kiss and squeeze on! What joy they must bring to your home!! Oh and yes basically we are trying to decide if we are staying one more year here or heading back to the states for good in July! I'm sure you'll hear once we figure it out!! Miss you guys though!

Unknown said...

so cute and precious! you are such a wonderful mom. i miss you tons and tons!!! love you!!!! :) can't wait to see you soon!! love,
michelle :)

The Scott family said...

They're so cute! I don't know if you know this but I'm a twin so I've loved reading what's going on in your house and imagining what my mom was doing with us at this time! Glad it's going so well!

lhassler said...

A consistent three hour afternoon nap?!!! Oh. My. Goodness. And would you believe, I think your girls are about the same size as my Ellie. And it's not like Eliana is a midget. It must be just heavenly to nibble on so many chunky baby thighs.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm love to get them lil panties off and lick all 4 holes, tongue right up inside their lil bums