Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's coming!!

I finally ordered the sewing machine that I picked out for my birthday back in October, and it's on its way!  SOOO, all you fabulous seamstresses, tell me/ remind me where you get your best patterns, etc.  I'm most interested in dresses to start with.

In other domestic news, we made the Sausage and Ravioli Lasagna in this month's Southern Living last night and loved it.  I substituted turkey sausage in for pork and used reduced fat pesto to mix with the spinach, and it was great! You could probably find whole wheat ravioli if you wanted to make it even more healthy.  It was so good that Blythe wanted to sit a little closer where she could have a better view!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The easiest and best patterns come from www.youcanmakethis.com....I have stopped buying paper patterns bc that website makes sewing sooooo much easier! the best dress to start with is a pillowcase dress. I might offer a class to a couple of MOPS moms if you are interested.

The Slagleys said...

I love Childrens Corner patterns for basic dresses/rompers. Also, for embroidery designs- go to embroidery-boutique.com, appliquecafe.com, jolsonsdesigns.com, and 8clawsandapaw.com. Super cute and cheap fonts and designs! Can't wait to see your projects! Although, I will be AMAZED at your time management!