Monday, January 4, 2010

It's been two months!

Blythe and Joy turned two months last week! (Can you tell these are my favorite dresses at this age? Had to get one more picture in them before Christmas was officially declared over!)
I think they were taking turns smiling (already ganging up on us!)  Their smiles are my favorite thing about this age- they are so precious and spontaneous! 
At their two month check up today, Joy was 12 lb 1 oz (75%) and 23 inches (75%)!!!
Blythe was also 23 inches (75%) and 10 lb 8 oz (50%)!  She has almost doubled her weight since birth!
I decided it's time for some fun facts about the twins for our records! (p.s. these cute little faces are from my Miss Penny, and I love them!)
Overall personality...
Joy: still laid-back, happy to be alive, just kind of hangs out in her swing or wherever she is
Blythe: a little busier, looking all around her when awake, a little less laid back, but still a pretty low-key kid 

Their sleep...
They're learning to only have a diaper change when they wake in the night and not get fed.  They kind of take turns being the one who wakes up and needs some TLC, and usually it's not both of them at the same time.
*Update- last night, both girls slept through the night without a single peep for the first time!

Their eating...
Is going well- we're thankful for such chunky little twins! To answer what most folks ask- yes, they eat at the same time, and the session averages about 10 minutes- they're speedy!

Their cries...
Blythe: cry is muted and doesn't hit that ear-piercing volume you hear sometimes in newborns, but her face usually looks more ANGRY than sad
Joy: cry is louder, but her face just looks sad, not mad

Their appearance...
Blythe: darker hair, darker gray-blue eyes
Joy: lighter hair, true blue eyes

On tummy time...
Joy is a little better than Blythe at holding up her head, but they're both still just learning.

Funny diaper anecdotes...
-When you're changing Blythe's diaper, you may just think she's staring off into space in the mirror by the changing table... until you realize she's staring you down in the reflection!
-One morning, Jake asked me who changed Joy's diaper last in the night before.  When I told him it was me, he informed me that I HAD NOT FASTENED HER DIAPER!! Talk about being on autopilot!  I had just put it on her and snapped up her PJs without velcro-ing the diaper on the sides!  Thankfully it was only a wet diaper, and true disaster was somehow diverted!!

6 comments:

McLove said...

You little twinners are soooo cute!! I love those pictures! Glad to hear al is well!

Milla said...

Oh Emily this is such a sweet post. I love all the little details you put at the bottom. That is priceless information to write down and remember! They are just precious...

JJ said...

I love the details about each of them! They are so precious! You are a blessed mommy!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

I love seeing the details about them! So much to keep up with!:) I think Joy looks like Abby Jane (and Jake)and Blythe looks like you! Thought that from the first pictures...can't wait to see them as they grow! You're a wonderful mom!

lhassler said...

Can I tell you how seriously impressed I am? Two girls and one milk-supply. That's amazing. Joy (is it Joy, trying to remember) is less than a pound less than Ellie was at her 4 month! I don't know how you can feed twins at the same time. That's craziness. I LOVE this.

Allyson said...

YOur little ones sound so much like mine at that age. Its fun isnt it? Twins are such a blessing. Even the differences are strangely similar for each one of my girls :)