If you had asked me three years ago how this move back would feel, I would have been far from the target. We are beyond thrilled at being so much closer to so many of you and all the wonderful things that come with this move- proximity to family and friends, moving from a 2 bedroom apartment into a house, being able to drive to Auburn for games instead of fly :), availability of barbeque and Chick Fil A, having a yard, seeing leaves change... the list goes on and is so sweet.
But as we are leaving this community that has become our surrogate family out here, we are so humbled by how richly the Lord has chosen to bless our time here. I think partially because the vast majority of our friends are transplants as well, the bond we all have formed is so unique and precious and the experiences we have had here in California have been much the same. We are so grateful for honor it has been to have these sweet friendships and to have the adventure that has been our California life!
So the remainder of our summer is a bit of a whirlwind to say the least. We fly back to Atlanta on this Sunday through July 18 while Jake has job training (and I do some serious house hunting!!) We return on the 18th and Jake leaves on the 19th for his two summer weeks on campus at Azusa for his doctorate (yes, he can continue his program long-distance), while Abby Jane and I will begin the packing process. Jake gets back on the 31st, and then we officially move August 9 or 10!
Please pray for Jake as he juggles doctoral work, finishing one job, starting a new job, and moving our family and all the details that lie therein. Please also pray for Abby Jane- my job is to maintain as much consistency as possible in her little baby life, especially in anticipation of how her world will be rocked this fall with the twins! I have another ultrasound for the twins tomorrow, but they seem to be just rocking and rolling along with no problems, which is such a blessing! Please also pray that the Lord shows us in His perfect timing exactly which house is the one He has chosen to be our home! Thank you in advance for these prayers!!
Here are a few recent playdates as we try to cram in as much quality time as possible... do you notice a pattern to most of the locations? :)
8 comments:
Wowzers! Major congratulations to Jake and you all. What a huge move. It can be done. I promise! Also, what a huge blessing to have grandparents so close.
Maybe we'll have to invent a reason to visit Atlanta sometime in the nearer future. After all, it is so much closer than CA!
Also, congrats on 5 years. What an awesome milestone. We hit that mark in October and can hardly believe it. Abby Jane continues to be as beautiful as can be.
So excited for yall and will be praying! Lots of big changes-God is so good! Can't wait to see you and your precious family soon!
so excited for ya'll! abby jane will be an adorable southern belle
Emily - What great news to be so close to family and friends. We live 3 miles from Kennesaw State. I worked in their admissions office prior to accepting a job with Auburn in GA! We love the area we are in and are so close to everything! I wish you all the very best in the move. KSU is such a great place to work.
Also, we are expecting our first in November! CONGRATS on the twins!
Take care-
Kate Patterson Henderson
Hey Emily- Found your blog a while back and have enjoyed keeping up with all that's going on with ya'll in Cali. So fun to hear you will be moving back to Georgia. You probably already have an OB in place or know of one, but if you don't I know of a wonderful practice in the Marietta area that delivers at Northside.
Hope the move goes smoothly and congrats on the new job!
Mary Faith Laughlin
Abby, I'm pretty sure you called the morning Ash had his seizure (kinda a blur) but i think the Lord specifically put us on your mind and I SO appreciate you calling me. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back but I will call you very very soon! I know ya'll are quite busy as well. I love you and excited to hear a good dr. report on the twins!
Yes! We are still living in the area. We'll definitely have to get together for a play date! Good luck on house hunting!
Kate
So excited for you all to be coming back to the SouthEast! What perfect timing, with the twins on the way. Having friends and family close by will be a tremendous help and blessing! God is good!
Post a Comment