Friday, July 24, 2009

17 Months

There was a HUGE swell today, and we went out to Surfrider Beach to watch the REAL surfers show how it's done on 10-12 footers.  All these pictures are from this morning...

This is another month of verbal explosion.  She has started throwing in full sentences: "I see a boat."  "I want my nigh-nigh" (nigh-nigh= any of her burp cloths, which are her interchangeable security blankets). "I need mook!" (milk)
A couple of months ago, I told Jake it would be so fun when she got to the stage that we could understand what she was saying.  Well talking is pretty much a constant in our home now!  Her favorite phrase is still, "Where AH dey?" (Where are they?) And I answer that question at a minimum a couple hundred times a day.  If we see a motorcycle, if we see a bird, if she mentions a playmate or family member... 
One of the other fun parts about this stage is that Jake can come home and ask her what she did that day, and she tells him the highlights pretty accurately.  Except that she usually includes that we went to the "pahk" (park), even when we didn't.  Wishful thinking.
She has become SUCH a girl.  Abby Jane has PREFERENCES on what clothes and what shoes she wears.  She has put what I picked out back in the closet and pulled out something different.  She likes to wear hats and necklaces (supervised, no worries) and carries a small watering can around calling it her "purse."
But she also makes great animal, car, airplane, and train noises.  She makes her food do "choo choo"  and "vroom vroom" on her tray during meals.  Her knees are in a permanent state of scabs and scratches from her falls from playing too hard.  So she's not too girly!
She has started eating dinner at the same time as Jake and I, and often has what we're having for dinner- YEA!  I had hoped we would get to this point before the twins, and she's done it in her own timing.

So all in all, she's surviving our whirlwind summer pretty well!

1 comment:

Maggie M. Cooper said...

What a smartie!:) I wouldn't expect any less! Isn't it crazy when they can start to carry a conversation with you? And Mary Evans says the same thing about the park...although we do go pretty much every day it seems!:) So funny!Can't wait to have yall over here!