Then the power went off during Abby Jane's nap which led to a series of events, including knocking out my cell phone and internet, culminating in a slightly shorter nap for my girl and a slightly more worn out me.
So then we arrived at our afternoon playdate with our "Malibu library friends" as I call them, though we haven't been together at the library in quite some time.
And it was SO wonderful to be with those friends and let Abby Jane play...
Then they surprised us with a "welcoming home" party from the last two weeks of being gone, which they decided was nicer than saying a "going away" party since we'll play a few more times before we leave.
They had cupcakes from Crumbs, my favorite new bakery. They gave Abby Jane two precious books, one being A Baby Sister for Frances and the other being Fancy Nancy, which fits our sassy girl (who now insists on wearing her "panties" a.k.a. diaper cover even during naps) to a T! Finally, they gave me a beautiful set of Bedhead PJs for me to be able to wear in the hospital with the twins.
Unfortunately I do not have pictures of the party part of our playdate, as we were all busy keeping sandy babies out of the cupcakes. I also don't have any pictures of all four of us moms and babies because usually at least one person is corralling a baby back from the ocean! That will have to be a goal before we leave. I'm so thankful for these sweet friends!
1 comment:
When can I organize a WELCOME BACK party!?!?!?!??!
Post a Comment