Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dress-up

I'm getting caught up. I was reviewing the last few weeks of pictures, and I have a boatload of fabulous pictures. It appears to me that what my girls most enjoy doing when we're not rushing out the door is putting on dress-up clothes as soon as they finish breakfast, and then the party really starts. And this happened on pretty much a daily basis during the summer. The following collection is from a couple of such mornings.
In case you didn't see this on a previous post, this particularly fetching leotard is circa 1986, when I took tap dancing. It's the most coveted item in our dress-up repertoire, and is best worn with a flashlight to shine on the sequins to create dazzling sparkles on the walls and sisters.
 Blythe the flying fairy.
When I was a little girl, we had a special coffee table my dad had made when he and Mom were poor newlyweds, and it was sturdy enough for us to dance on top of. When Jake and I were newlyweds and bought our very first piece of furniture, it was this coffee table, and my one caveat was that it be sturdy enough for our kids to dance on if they wanted to. Exhibit A...



Simply wearing your shades during breakfast can really help you get your game face on for the after-breakfast dance party. 
 It's the little things that snazz life up.

3 comments:

Bev Elliott said...

Lest you ever forget that the best days are the "ordinary ones"....Love the breakfast shades and dance party on your own table.

lhassler said...

You are the best mom in the universe. I just read your blog and am put to shame.

Emily said...

Lyric, you are crazy. Sweet encourager, but crazy! ;) Wish we were local and could have crazy chaos with all our girls together!!!