Thursday, March 22, 2012

Playdate extravaganza!

On Monday, we had the second annual playdate extraordinaire at my sweet friend Beth's home in Jacksonville, AL. Last year, all these one year old boys were newborns! This year, sweet little Rinnah was our newborn- just two months old!  

Jackson- 13 months; Cooper- 13 months; Bella Grace- 2 years; Rinnah- 2 months; Abby Jane- 4 years; Blythe- 2 years; Joy- 2 years; Tucker- 13 months!
'
Cooper is as photogenic as his beautiful mama!
 Sweet Jackson on the swing!
 Tucker content on his blanket. (Sidenote: this happy kid was hospitalized the next day, Tuesday, for pneumonia, and he just got sent home today. Thankful for his recovery, and a reminder of how tough and resilient kids are- he must not have been feeling well, but he was sure a delight on Monday!)

 Aunt Steph took Abby Jane aside to have some big girl time snuggling Rinnah. It meant the world to Abby Jane to get to hold that beautiful baby girl and help Aunt Steph dress her! Excuse the ragamuffin hair- sometimes we seem get a little impatient with our bows and just prefer the natural look.
GORGEOUS!!!! Steph was one of my roommates- it is such a delight to meet your precious friends' absolutely cherished little ones!
All the big girls having lunch outside.
Em and Bethie- OH I love these girls!! It was such a tease to spend a morning together, but not get to truly catch up. I realized when I got home that I didn't know the answers to most of the questions I wanted to ask of my sweet friends. It was fun just sharing real life (as in a particular pair of two-year-olds being extra dramatic)... and getting to lay eyes on all of these friends and their little people!
Em gave some special love to each twin at different times. I loved them getting to be around girls so dear to me.
We wanted to attempt a pic with the moms in it. This was an Abby Jane shot.  Maybe we'll revisit her as our photographer at a later point.
 Thank goodness for a timer!
My other thought that night was how in college, all we had to do to hang out with each other was walk into the next room, down the hall, or walk over to get coffee together. Now we drive 4 hours for a cumulative 20 minutes of adult conversation! Despite how it takes a little more to make things happen now, I am so grateful for these relationships with women I love so dearly!

No comments: