Last Sunday was a warm, beautiful day for the Publix Half Marathon. Jake wins all the awards in the world for mobilizing our little family to be there to cheer for me just before the finish line and meet me afterwards! It's so fun to share this exact moment with the girls, and for them to talk about watching Mama and wanting to run, too.
The details of my race itself are probably not interesting to most of you, but just for laughs, you should know that the first four miles, my pace was to hit a time eight minutes faster than I actually finished in. The next four miles, my pace would have been for a finish time five minutes faster than I actually finished in. Then the last five miles, I totally fell apart and ended up with the exact same time I ran in the Thanksgiving race. But who's counting, right? :) Whatever. I ran and I finished. I just wish my mom would quit signing up for that hilly son of a gun. As long as my 60-something mom is running it, I haveno excuse.
My good buddy Jeff, who was in a corral behind me, caught up effortlessly on the last mile and tried hard to be my cheerleader and help me finish better, but I was pretty much beyond repair at that point. This photo was after we discovered how disgusting it is for runners to get too close after a race.
Em is a friend of ours from Auburn. She and her husband were in Jake's masters program, and they started dating the night of our wedding! It was great catching up with her.
We discovered the fun ponds and fountains at Centennial Olympic Park. Haven't been there in a while, but it was a great venue after the race.
We kept seeing friends! Traci and I worked together in my favorite nursing job, and we got to see her, our other sweet friend Kelley, and Traci's sweet baby girl, Medley!
Grammy was greeted by a few of the smaller members of her fan club. They were so excited to see her and tell her good job!
As always, I'm so proud of my mom! Hope I'm still running when I'm a grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment