I hope your Memorial Day was great. Our weekend was full! Jake was working on his proposal for his dissertation all weekend, but he was able to take breaks to join us for social gatherings of sorts every evening.
We had the Rutherford and Titus families over for dinner Saturday night. This picture of Matt and Vic is poor quality, but I had to document exactly what a cute, stylish pregnant lady Victoria is!
This is where the "oh my, oh my" comes in.
It seems there won't be many pictures of my children at the pool this summer, unless I have helpers. It turns out the babies, and especially Joy, are kamikazes in the water. One friend put it best that Joy has no threshold for fear (unless it's an elephant or "digger"). She would somersault off the side of the pool, and come up smiling. The babies aren't quite big enough for the puddle jumpers to do all the work, but the jumpers do make for extra handles to pull them up out of the water! Abby Jane's swim lessons also paid off big dividends (in between a few epic three year old moments). I was so excited to see how confident she was and how much she has progressed!
The reason these pics are all at the baby pool is because all three were unstoppable on the side of the big pool, wanting to jump in over and over. It was exhausting, hilarious, and fun at the same time.
Our little street had a block party on Sunday evening, and it was a sweet time of neighbors coming together and getting to know each other better. Abby Jane just ate up the attention of her older neighbor friends.
We discovered this jewel of a lady who moved in more recently. She is every bit the delight she appears, and she has a big heart for Jesus! I can't wait to spend more time with Miss Emma.
The "big kids" all put on bathing suits and played in a sprinkler. I LOVE this portrait of the extremely unique combination of very different kids on our street!
On Monday evening, several families from church gathered to grill out at the pool- here's a few of the crew.
Here's Janie and her little friend Adrienne taking a break after dinner before more swimming. They looked so grown up. 
1 comment:
Looks Awesome!! I hear you on two counts: pool moochers. That's what we've done for three years consecutively. Now that we do have a pool membership, I'm offering mooching status to all my pool-less friends. A pool is such a life-saver. Second count: kamikaze kids. Aurelia has developed a fear of the big pool. Not awesome. Ellie, however, routinely tries to drown herself in it. I can't imagine three of them trying to do it. Full-contact sporting. Good luck!
Post a Comment