Monday, June 20, 2011

A day in the life...

Of Jake. I have a father's day weekend post coming up, but this day was last Monday, and I thought it was pretty classic.

7:15 Janie wakes up, he goes in to get her up.

8:00 Twins wake up, he gets them changed and sends them toddling down the hall to me for their breakfast, just like he does every morning.

8:10 Jake leaves for work.

11:30 Jake gets phone call from me saying we're on our way from a meltdown of severe nature at the pool (picture bicycle pedaling the air/ hysterical crying and strangers giving me dirty looks like I did something to cause it) and though I was calm about it all, I wanted more objective input as to an appropriate consequence.

11:45 Jake meets us at the house for what we deemed "a little shock and awe", some nice conversation with our three yr old, and lunch.

12:30 Jake goes back to work

5:30 Jake comes home, jumps in the game with the girls, and makes the world's BEST burgers. I've seen Abby Jane pick at other burgers, and I don't blame her since all she knows is the best.

6:00 Jake puts Joy in time-out mid-meal for poor behavior at the dinner table.

6:20 Daddy/family horseplay. Which is now officially condoned as healthy for our kids. Glad we have official approval to play with our children. (More "horseplay" in jumping closet at Grammy's recently.)

6:40 Starts bathtime. Successfully and masterfully cleans all children. He's a pro.

7ish B.E.D.T.I.M.E.

People say kind and encouraging things to me about how I mother, but if you look at that one Monday, it looks like I wasn't even here. Which I was. But the point is that Jake is THE man in this house. I might move the household along, but he is the head of it. My sister had a great line when she said that "Just like they say 'behind every strong man is a strong woman,' it works both ways: Em can do what she can do with the girls because of Jake."
Happy Father's Day, babe!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am jealous of how much your kids sleep.