Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Zoo time

We asked for an annual pass to the zoo for Blythe and Joy's birthday, and we finally bought the pass last week! Katie and I took our collective four (not including her baby girl-on-the-way) on Friday morning for our first big zoo adventure, and we had a wonderful time (despite some crazy crowds)! Here we are with Willie B...
I had forgotten in the time since we went to the zoo in Greenville that Joy doesn't actually like zoo animals. Here is a classic moment- everyone is excited about the animals, Blythe is trying to get out of the stroller, Joy is leaned back as far as she can and crying.
And again, Blythe on the left, so excited about the giraffes; Joy... not so excited, to say the least! I will take advantage of this pic to say that all the animals at all of the exhibits were awake and doing interesting things, but this was our favorite- the giraffes (including a mama and baby), zebras, and ostriches were all together, so it was really neat.
But Carlton shared Blythe and Abby Jane's affinity for the animals and had a fabulous waving and laughing. He is one of the most joyful kids you'll ever meet!
This was one hilarious moment as we were leaving. Abby Jane had been watching a bunch of kids posing with the lion and Katie and I were talking while she watched. All of the sudden, I realized she was up there posing while other people waited for their kids' turn, waiting for me to take her picture!
I told Jake the night before that my prayer was that everyone have a good time, have good attitudes, and that we didn't lose any children. Other than Joy needing to work on animal relations, it was an utter success!

No comments: