For me, that's my family, friends, running, running my household, upcoming parties, balancing our busy schedule, HAVING a busy schedule. It's obsessing over preschool, and just this week...
Happened to get around to looking into spring swimming lessons, only to find out that sign-ups are this Saturday, that I needed to get added into the county system beforehand so that at 2:00 pm sharp I can sign into the system online and beat the crowds that sign up in person. Even then, the guy at the aquatic center said to practice registering so I would know just what to click on as fast as I can.
Really?
These are lessons with names like tadpole, minnow, etc.
Hate to say getting into these swimming lessons was an idol, but yes, I have dwelled on my game plan, made the 25 min trek after bedtime one night this week to get put into the system, and I'm a little nervous for 2:00 pm Saturday!
RIDICULOUS!!!!!!
All that hustle and bustle and pressure sounds a lot like "wind and confusion."
How much more my time should be spent RESTING CONFIDENTLY in the Lord, being at peace in His perfect plan, and not just doing the above nominally while still under the surface striving to do it all in my own abilities. I like the word "striving"- it always is a good kick in the pants... probably the sin I fall into the most often- trying to do it on my own- which then amounts to "wind."
The other thing I loved this week was the challenge to REFLECT on the power, wisdom, and goodness of God. On His provisions and faithfulness in the past. That He will continue to offer us now and in the future. And yet we still fall into the wind and confusion of striving. And yet He still loves us and is both tender Shepherd and Almighty Sovereign God simultaneously. Amazing.
1 comment:
AMEN! great perspective and encouragment
Post a Comment