Abby Jane, Blythe, and Joy hostessed a Valentine's open house for their friends on Saturday to let mamas in our small group come make a homemade Valentine and give daddies some morning time off.

Of course where there are ladies and it is Valentines, there will be sweets...

These lemon butter cookies were my personal obsession. I LOVE sweet and tart. I stole the recipe from Katie Kelley's 1st bday, and I could have inhaled unhealthy quantities as I made them.

Abby Jane hardly left her seat here the whole time- she was a BIG fan of free reign of glitter, paint, glue, stickers, crayons, the works.

The party was a total success. By that I mean, it went exactly how I thought it might. Total chaos- but the kind that's normal when there is more than one child around. A few near disasters, basically a craft explosion, some child or another (of the 10 or so) crying at some point off and on most of the time- people came, did their craft, had some treats, and felt freedom to go when their child was on the verge of a meltdown or too close to lunch/naps... because that is the beauty of an open house- no pressure. It was perfect.


Reagan re-fueling mid-valentine...

Alaina is sitting on her mama's other little valentine- expected in the next few weeks!

I corralled the twins into their re-located high chairs to get their hands on some hearts...

Blythe was much more patient with painted hands than Joy. Shocker.
Holly was kind enough to personalize some valentine
butterflies for me to hand out...

and let me borrow the idea for making
these heart-shaped crayons!

Blythe and Joy monitoring the clean-up process while alternately eating/drawing with crayons...

A few masterpieces drying...

One of the hostesses double tasking with a left-over tootsie roll pop...

The perfect end to a great day was having
Mark and Lindsey over to play games and make a dent in leftover party treats!
1 comment:
love this! you upgraded the sucker to a tootsie roll! :)
Post a Comment