Sunday, December 27, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year

Our Christmas was so sweet, and I hope each of you also had wonderful, wonderful days of celebrating Christ's birth.
We let Abby Jane start opening presents on Christmas Eve so the actual day wouldn't be overload.  She was SO excited! She also helped the twins open their gifts, which included the blocks pictured at the top that are a tradition to receive from their Uncle Greg and Aunt Susan!

The girls were given a Radio Flyer wagon on Christmas morning that turned out to be the perfect place for other presents and little girls!
 


Then we went up to Cartersville to spend the day with Jake's family, joined by my mom later in the day.  Here are the oldest cousins playing in Cade's new tent, having a wonderful time together as always.

The ladybug tea set you see her opening here is now one of Abby Jane's most treasured possessions- she loves to offer cream and sugar with your "hot hot tea" that needs her to blow on it to cool it off.

 Blythe and her Bop Bop- I think she was here for at least an hour!


All five cousins- Joy, Cade, Abby Jane, Blythe, and Luke
I gave Jake a game called Last Word (first discovered with our dear friends on our trip to Mammoth earlier this year), which all the adults played during the kids' naps, and it was SO fun! I highly recommend it for a good laugh. The twins' Christmas gift to Jake and I was sleeping through the night for the first time on Christmas Eve!  
Jake is finishing up a paper tonight, then we have a whole week ahead to hang out as a family before he heads to LA for his Jan session at APU!

1 comment:

lhassler said...

It seems that the twins and Eliana made a deal: They'll sleep through the night if Eliana stops doing it the exact same night! Indeed, I've had a chronic night-waker ever since. Gotta love it.

The wagon picture is such a beautiful one!