
I substituted in chicken apple sausage for the other sausage, and it was awesome, came out looking just like the picture, so it is obviously easy, too!
I also fixed these eggnog cupcakes

in this month's Southern Living for a party last weekend and it got rave reviews. Looked really cute with nutmeg sprinkled and a mini candy cane stuck in the top!
My mom introduced me to this Cranberry Apple Crisp this fall, and we're addicted. Particularly yummy with Publix's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal ice cream.
Cranberry-Apple Crisp
3 c unpeeled apples chopped into bite sized pieces, sprinkled with lemon juice
2 c whole raw cranberries
1 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 c oats
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 c all purpose flour
1/2 c melted margarine or butter
1/3 c chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 300. Combine apples, cranberries and sugar. Mix and put in 2 qt casserole/ shallow pyrex dish. Mix remaining ingredients and spread on top of apple mixture. Bake uncovered until bubbly and light brown on top, about 45 minutes. You can freeze at this point and thaw and warm before serving.
Lots of pics to come from Christmas festivities the last few days!
2 comments:
Okay, I have tried and tried to like winter squash. I think I've fixed 3 ways?? I might try this way as a last ditch effort! The only way I like it is to puree and put in soups or sprinkle with cin and sugar! This sounds good....
I'm making the cupcakes for my Mommy and Me Christmas party tonight. I made the cupcake part last night and Jeff and I sampled them (unfrosted). YUMMY! I can only imagine what the frosting is going to add. scrumptious. Thanks for posting this fab. and timely recipe. I'll need to give you our fave new recipe: apple upside down cake, from Cooks Illustrated (the magazine from America's Test Kitchen).
Post a Comment