Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Seven Firsts

More cousins in the last week!  Betsy brought Luke and Cade over to play last week and to get in some time with the little girls!  We got to see Betsy and Luke again on Saturday night to watch the Georgia game, dismal though the second half was...
The weekend was fantastic and included...

1. first breakfast out as a family of five... to IHOP, where potentially loud children would go unnoticed

2. first bottle feeding for the twins- successful! (THIS IS HUGE FOR US- please recall that Abby Jane refused the bottle and went straight to the sippy cup, but not until she was 4 months!)

3. first time back in church, where above-mentioned ability to bottle feed came in handy

4. first attempt at taking picture of the girls in their Christmas dresses- 
UNSUCCESSFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Normally sleeping Joy was not feeling it (she's on the right), and Abby Jane picked up on the mood.  Thankfully, we had a shoot done the first week the girls were home by Karen Baker, a friend of Jake's from high school who blessed us with the gift of her amazing talent and the pleasure of her company.  We'll be using her pictures on our announcement- she is SO amazingly talented for any of you who are in town!  More on that to come...

5. first time for Jake to get peed on as he comforted a teary naked Abby Jane in the culmination of a debacle involving chicken that did not get chewed up for about 30-45 minutes... naked because she was supposed to be getting a bath that never happened...


We followed the weekend with...

6. first solo trip to Target yesterday morning, just me and the girls... I forgot to use the coupons I had brought, but otherwise, successful!

7. first solo trip to library story time this morning- celebrated the good time had by all with a delicious peppermint mocha from Starbucks on the way home... via drive through, so as not to push my luck!

I don't get tired of opportunities to take these kinds of photos-
 
this is when I threw them in the same bouncy seat as I was loading various people into their carseats this morning!

4 comments:

McLove said...

Soooo cute! I love the photo of the girls at the end. It is soo sweet:)

lhassler said...

Emily, as I am still figuring out the mechanics of shopping with one toddler and one baby...how exactly does one do it with a toddler and TWO infant twins? I can't tell you how impressed I am.

TheFisherFamily said...

Wow Em!! You are truly amazing! I cracked up at the pic of Jake getting pee'd on... oh what Jarrett has to look forward to! The girls are so beautiful!! Love, Katie oxox

Carrie said...

What a sweet update! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of your girls and the "firsts" for your new family of five. I have no idea how you are doing it, but I love that you are able to get out of the house. Thank God for Starbucks with drive-throughs!