Friday, November 6, 2009

One Week Old

What a fabulous first week!  These girls are such a delight and still in that newborn stage of only sleeping and eating.  Abby Jane has adjusted beautifully so far!

Favorite characteristic of Joy: her expressive eyes, eyebrows, and forehead.  She can look really intense, which is comical on one so small!
Favorite characteristic of Blythe: she has really big eyes and looks all around her when she's awake.  Blythe makes really funny faces and is very strong for someone just over 6 lbs!

Abby Jane and Jake raking the front yard
She loves kissing the girls!

Daddy's lap is a wonderful place!
So are his arms...
Abby Jane reads to the girls and tries to teach them about things like blocks, Noah's Ark animals, etc.
Abby Jane helped with the girls' first baths...

They've already had their first trip to the park- it's been too beautiful outside to stay in.  Abby Jane is swinging in the background of this picture!
Thank you for all your prayers and congrats- the delight and easiness of this week has been is such a gift of the Lord!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Beautiful family! I am thrilled that things are going so well with the girls and the family transition. Thank you for sharing! I will pray that you find time for rest and that Abby Jane continues to adjust well.

McLove said...

I have been out of town so I missed the announcement that your sweet girls arrived!!! Congrats!! That is sooooo wonderful they are both beautiful!! Best wishes:)

McLove said...

I was just looking at the last post again and the pictures are just adorable! What a lucky mama you are:)

Anna Bean said...

I am so glad things are going so well! I love the picture of Abby Jane reading to the girls- what a great big sister!!

lhassler said...

That one of Abby Jane reading to them just melts my heart. You all are such a wonderful, beautiful family. I'm so with you on getting out and about after babies are born. It helps you to feel alive!

Lesley Roberts said...

So sweet! So glad to hear that all the girls are doing well!! And how sweet that big sister abby jane loves on them so well! Let's talk this week. What time is good for you?