Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And the girls' names are...

Joy Savannah and Blythe Annabelle!  We picked Blythe and Joy because they both have meanings to the effect of happiness, delight, exuberance, and obviously joy... which is exactly how we felt when we found out we were having the twins!  Savannah and Annabelle were chosen for their good Southern roots.  We both grew up in Georgia, have deep family ties to Georgia, and love the Low Country, thus Savannah.  We associate the name Annabelle with the antebellum period and the historical South, though the actual Hebrew meaning is grace.
We are so excited to officially announce the names!  I'm 29 weeks now, so they'll make their grand entrance in 10 weeks or less!

5 comments:

The Muncies said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the names!!!! Can't wait to see you soon!

tmiller said...

Great Names!! I love Blythe Annabelle- its so southern and I think its precious. Casey's little girl is Savannah Joy so of course I love Joy Savannah! Excited to meet your girls!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

What great meanings!Love them! Can't wait to see their sweet faces!:)

JJ said...

I am especially fond of the names! They are going to be just precious and I cannot wait to see them! Hope ya'll are settling in in your new home! Love and miss.

lhassler said...

Wow, 29 weeks. Time will surely fly. As we've had our new little one home for a week, I've been imagining how your lives will soon change with TWO little ones. So fun! Beautiful names. Do you pronounce Blythe like Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables) :-)?