Abby Jane and I are officially in Atlanta!
We were originally supposed to leave on Sunday, but as Jake's mom Sandy, Abby Jane, and I were planning to fly standby, the availability of flights pushed back that date until yesterday.
My mother-in-law did an amazing thing and listed Abby Jane with her... which meant that when Sandy (with her higher seniority with Delta due to Jake's dad) got on the first flight out that we arrived at LAX for, my daughter flew across the country with her... while I stayed at LAX until I caught a flight!
It was the kindest thing- not that it's a terrible thing to fly with a toddler, but it's BUSY and PHYSICAL, and at this stage of pregnancy, those things are not very fun or comfortable in such confined spaces.
So I actually got to write thank-you's, crack one of the twins books I've received (these kids are coming soon, so I thought I would start reading up- I hear it's a little different than one child), and watch a movie on the plane.
I know, I am SO spoiled.
But after the emotional and physical drain of the preceding days of packing and goodbyes to precious people, it was SO perfect. My sis-in-law Susan picked me up from the airport last night and when I arrived at my mom's, my daughter was already bathed, fed, tucked in bed, and reportedly happy and settled.
(She did wake once in the night and when I went in to her, she said- through her tears- "Mama... Mimi? Airplane?" as if to say, "Did you even KNOW I got on an airplane yesterday with Mimi?")
Jake and his dad are on Day 2 of their cross-country trek, with today's route scheduled to be from Albequerque to Little Rock. Jake has the laptop with him, so all our pictures and stories from the rest of our time in Malibu will wait until they arrive. It was very, very sweet, and I'll leave it at that for now.
We are so thankful for our wonderful family and all their amazing help!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww, Em...what Abby Jane said...breaks my heart (you're right- she's like mom:)... so sweet! SO glad ya'll made it safely! CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!! Love you! ps. Lynds and I hung out last night and went to this precious little place in downtown Roswell (you would love)...decided we'll give you a little time to settle in:) and then we need a old roommate bonding night! We're SO glad ya'll are so close!!!! pss. let me know if you need anything while you are trying to get settled- I know there's a lot to do!
Post a Comment