Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Hoppenings

Before I go on to pictures, let me say that it has been so neat this Easter to think about the meaning of Easter through the lens of how Jesus loves my girl more than me... enough to give His life for her.  This year, this has made the whole celebration of Easter and the resurrection fresh to me, and it has been so sweet.
Easter egg hunt yesterday at the Malibu Bluffs park across the street from campus...

We had several friends who also went, but we did our hunting with sweet Jaxon and Tricia.
But it turns out that all a girl needs is two eggs, one for each hand.  I put two more in her basket for posterity, though!  Our little section was for 2 and unders, and some of those almost-3 year olds had overflowing baskets!  One little girl tried to take one of Abby Jane's two eggs out of her hand and put it in her big basket, but parents intervened before that tragedy transpired.

In between yesterday and today, though, she developed a passion for eggs and shaking them, especially after Daddy hid a few Puffs in some eggs yesterday.  So this morning's Easter basket was a thrill!  (Target sold Play Dough in eggs, and an egg-shaped etch-a-sketch- I was impressed with options for little ones!  The rest of her eggs got Cheerios.)
"Tell me again why we hunted eggs yesterday if today is Easter?"
The Roberts- Abby Jane thought Sammy's seersucker was really cute!

"Oh, I love Easter!"  This "O" face, usually with eyes open, is a classic face she makes a lot right now!
The Roberts invited us over with the Wades to host several Pepperdine freshmen for Easter dinner after church.  It was such a great time enjoying the day with each other and those precious students, and the three of us girls put together an absolutely fabulous meal if I do say so myself!
Here are Abby Jane and Sammy playing after their naps...
"Excuse us, Mama, we're playing here."
Hope everyone had a great day!  14 month blog to come...

2 comments:

McLove said...

She is darling. Wish we were around for the hunt at Bluffs Park. I love her cute dress:)

lhassler said...

Super precious. LOVE all her smocked dresses. If she's outgrown any of her 18/24 month ones I'd be glad to borrow them :-). Thanks for your comments. I'm so glad to know that I can combine Easter traditions and still be southern! Oh, and the hat. Sometimes she hates it. Other times she asks to put it on. That and her shoes. It's fun!