Better two weeks late than never!
-LOVES the beach- has just started in the last two weeks loving splashing in the ankle-deep crazy cold water- runs towards the waves, then turns and runs away when the foam comes up to her, thens goes and splashes in it
-loves playing with chalk outside
-points up and says some version of "airplane" every time she hears one
-can walk down small stairs independently, can walk down normal stairs if holding onto a rail
-eats a diet mainly consisting of veggies and fruits- but has also acquired a homing radar for any treats Jake and I are having... and automatically says, "nummy nummy!" even if she has never had it before
-still loves her books, Baby, the elephant we brought her from NYC b/c that's her favorite sound to make, boxes to sit on, Piggy, and her new Little People Noah's Ark
- has acquired three teeth in the last month and is really working hard on a molar
-pumps her arm like the Fight Song to get us to sing it, and waves her arm in the air for us to do "Waaaaar Eagle! Hey!" Sometimes she helps with the "Hey!"
On that note, she was very atypically having a hard time sleeping last night due to the aforementioned molar, and I went in to rock her. She snuggled in, then said, "Aubay?" So I said, "Yes, do you see your Aubie?" Then she started pumping her arm like the fight song... while she's snuggled in my neck. So I start to sing it, nice and quietly (who would believe the fight song is a bedtime song for a distraught, uncomfortable child?) After several rounds, I stopped, thinking she was asleep. She groggily lifted her head, still sniffling a bit, and said so sadly, "mow?" So I sing the song another 10 times or so. Then stand up to put her in her crib- she IS asleep- and she wakes up, turns her head toward me and says, "mow?" and pumps her arm (like perhaps I'm not sure what she wants more of.) And that's how she went to sleep in her crib, listening to the fight song.
That story delights our souls like few stories can!
2 comments:
So precious Em! She is a very smart, special little girl...and an Auburn girl at that!:) I love it! I hope we can see yall again soon before she gets too big on us! Tell her the Coopers say War Eagle!
Love that story!!!! Maybe we could see Abby Jane do the War Eagle motion on video sometime. :) I can just picture her chiming on the "hey" part. Soooooo sweet.
Post a Comment