Saturday, January 11, 2014

Opening day!

A couple of weeks before the opening of football season, before we even had our football decor out, I walked around the corner to see what the twins had been drawing, when they informed me it was the Auburn stadium. They said they had drawn "all the players and people and boy and girl coaches." I think they must have known it was going to be a national championship kind of year.

Some of the spectators.

I had been anxiously waiting for the day we were going to bust out the Auburn spirit, because this precious white house with a red door had formerly belonged to a lovely girl who happened to hang the flag from that other school in the fine state of Alabama. We were very pleased to officially and properly realign this sweet home.

I'm glad I documented my zinnias that day. They grew from seed to over six feet tall, and their vibrancy delighted my flower-loving heart. The pansies I planted in the absence of the zinnias delight the gluttonous deer in my community, so there is a slight ache in my soul when I see my stark-by-comparison winter flower bed. Hadn't counted on losing so hard to the deer, but also hadn't counted on six degree weather, so there you have it. In any case, this picture now makes me think of abundance, between the zinnias and Auburn's beautiful football season.
The ladies on first day of the holiday season we call football. It was a party from sun-up to sun-down around here as we celebrated the beginning of what turned out to be the most staggering, miraculous season in Auburn history!

No comments: