Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cabin, Apples, and a bday!

We followed up the camping weekend with a cabin weekend, thoroughly getting spoiled with time in the mountains.
This was the moment we discovered that you can hang upside down and see each other through the drainage pipe. It became popular.
Look how God leaves us little reminders in creation that He loves us.


Story time!

Here we are feeling a crisp fall morning, about to get our apple-picking on. They were not excited in the least, can you tell?

The apples did not disappoint. We love Mercier Orchards!

Joy at an apple orchard is Joy double-fisting. Happy happy Joy Joy!


My favorite treasures!


Jake and I grew up learning how to shoot, and this was the first weekend we introduced guns and GUN SAFETY to our girls. It was a lot of fun, and it brought back memories for both Jake and I of shooting with our daddies growing up.


Jake's birthday was that weekend, so the girls and I spent some time making his favorite apple crisp with apples straight off the trees from that morning.
Celebrating this guy is so much fun. There are not enough words for the hero he is to me and the girls. He is an excellent man, husband, father, and best friend, and I could not respect him more.
 It is an honor and privilege to be married to this guy and celebrate his life!
Best-ever customized cards on birthday morning! Thankful for this sweet weekend away in such a sweet place!

No comments: