Monday, September 2, 2013

Important meetings and a sewing lesson

This particular morning, the girls told me they were going out to have a meeting about bubbles. I can not think of many better reasons to have a meeting in princess dresses with your best friends.
That afternoon, Miss Abby Jane decided she wanted to learn how to sew. She decided on a Christmas dress for her favorite doll, Annabelle. So she dug through my humongous bin of scraps, courtesy of 418, and picked a fabric from a dress she wore at Christmas a couple of years ago.
She was so excited and proud to be sewing all by herself. I also have great confidence in her driving skills someday, as she honestly did an excellent job letting her foot off the pedal the instant I told her to. I will likely still let Jake take the lead on teaching the girls how to drive, but I think she will be a quick study. Now the twins on the other hand... hopefully they'll still want to just follow Abby Jane everywhere she goes at that age. I honestly cannot fathom either one of them ever being safe drivers!!!!

Proud girl. The next day, she told me she decided to applique the dress with an ornament to complete the Christmas ensemble. I love seeing her creativity!! I love her to pieces.

No comments: