Thursday, November 24, 2011

Weekend with friends

A few weeks ago, we headed up to Blue Ridge with two other families of dear friends for a weekend away in the glorious fall. This trip was planned back in the summer, and we've been looking forward to it for some time.  It's amazing how you can get close with friends so much more quickly before you have kids.  Once you have children, it takes so much longer and more intentionality to really develop those friendships.  These friends are some of those that have become quite dear to us since our move back to Atlanta.
 Even though it was mid-November, the leaves were still breathtaking when we took a walk around the cabin.
We realized recently that Kristin, Ericka, and I have no pictures together, even though we spend lots of time together!  So officially, here are my sweet friends, Kristin and Ericka.
The place we rented was really amazing, and we had a great time using the outdoor fire pit for s'mores.
 We ALL enjoyed the s'mores...

 Our cozy place!
 View of God's beautiful creation in the morning...
We saw some good football, had great conversations, great laughs, and just enjoyed sharing life together for the weekend! Oh, and we ate like kings.
 The guys...
Love these crazy girls!
 The attempt at a group shot of the children.  Of course Joy and Dylan (next to Joy) started crying when it was picture time, but its amazing how well these six kids (all three and under) did together for 48 hours!
Before leaving town, we made a stop by Mercier, followed by a walk around downtown Blue Ridge. I was on the hunt for a cute Christmas ornament from Blue Ridge.  I've been going there since I was 6, and we don't have an ornament from there!  We stumbled upon Fezziwig's, and it was such a magical, fabulous little shop... but one of those in which you want to hold onto your kids really tightly to avoid paying for something expensive.

 I have to mention that I ran inside really quickly to see if it was worth our time, while Jake hung out by a little fountain just outside with the girls.  I came back out to say how special it was inside, only to be greeted by three wailing girls.  Apparently Abby Jane lost her balance and fell backwards onto the sidewalk.  As Jake lunged to catch her, the twins fell forward into the shallow fountain.  It's never dull when you're outnumbered!  Thankfully, it was nothing that the beautiful Christmas decorations and trains of Fezziwig's couldn't distract from.  Now if I always had a fabulous distraction like Fezziwig's when drama ensues in our household...

No comments: