Saturday, November 26, 2011

First class party!

We had so much fun at Abby Jane's class party.  I was an idiot and signed up to coordinate it at the beginning of the year, which was less than smart since I have never been to a class party and didn't really know what was expected, how much you are allowed to expand on/vary from that, etc. The teacher made it pretty easy by sending home a list of items she wanted at the party. I ended up being glad I DID sign up for it, since it turns out that a kindergarten teacher is coordinating the Christmas party... if there's one person you DON'T want to follow, it's one of those creative elementary school teachers!

With no further adieu, here was their cute bulletin board...
 Here's a picture of Abby Jane on drugs.
They all came in wearing "Indian princess" or "Indian chief vests" as Abby Jane calls it.  I don't think political correctness and the term "Native American" has reached Kennesaw.  Maybe they don't think "Native American princess" has quite the same ring.
 Sweet little class (my kid's on the back row) before they sang a Thanksgiving song.
 Miss Kristin was there with Maddy.
And will you look at that? Kristin and I matched- coral shirt, scarf, jeans, ballet flats.  We planned it.  Not really.
This little lady is one of Abby Jane's sweet friends at school.  When you ask who Abby Jane plays with each day, there are several consistent names that come up.  It's so fun to see them make friends independently!
We made oreo turkeys- I tried to find the SIMPLEST version of this food craft, as it turns out there are about a million variations of it!  Abby Jane chose to give her turkey a nose job.
 These milestones are so fun with my big kid!

No comments: