Better late than never! Last weekend, we headed up to Cartersville to start celebrating the Fourth. I made this Moon Pie Banana Pudding to bring along for our cookout. My roommate Stephanie figured out a recipe inspired by a dessert we had our getaway a few weeks ago! The only thing I did differently was add one layer of cool whip in the middle of the trifle. DELISH!
We came back to our family up in Cartersville, and we found three very happy little girls
who had a big morning of parades and pre-parade breakfast partying with Jake's family and family friends while we were off running! I'm telling y'all, Cartersville knows how to do holidays. The Christmas and Fourth of July parades and festivities surrounding are just fabulous. After the parade, Abby Jane told me she saw "Big Bird, Clifford, and a cheese grater!" Betsy figured out Abby Jane was referring to Sponge Bob.
One of the best things to do in the summer at Mimi and Bop Bop's is play with ice. An ice chest of ice can last five kids a. very. long. time.
I won't be able to do the following story justice. In short, what started out as a ride around the block in Bop Bop's old truck that is mostly retired... became a 15 minute joyride with four parents and five children in the back... many calculations as to how much jail time we would do if pulled over...
then passing a police car that pulled out after us... and Ken pulling into an empty driveway like we lived there... good times, good times...
seriously, can you get much more illegal than this particular picture? Yes, she's standing up.
Thankful we are blessed enough to live in this country and celebrate our freedom! I have a thing about freedom, if you didn't know...
1 comment:
I love that Abby Jane doesn't have a clue who SpongeBob is. I hope she never does. And the truck ride sounds awesome! Remember Dad used to drive us around to look at Christmas lights in the back of the white pickup? I'm glad Bop Bop is living dangerously and providing excitement.
Post a Comment