So as I've been thrilled to be in the middle of multiple sewing projects for 418 of late, my blogging has fallen off the map. I need to balance my time a little better. In the meantime, my amount raised is about to pass the $100 mark for July, after I get it updated! YEA!!! And some of that is just cash donations to go towards
the ministry I'm supporting right now!
Retracing the last few weeks, though, here's a bit of a our summer. The summer is Jake's busy season with KSU's orientation, so the girls and I spend one night at week at my mom's to give him a quiet house before his biggest day of the week. The plan also lends itself to hanging with my mom, using her pool, and more convenient access to my friends for playdates on that side of town!

This is how we go to the pool: child labor, I mean, dividing up responsibility for carrying in all our pool paraphernalia.

Our precious little friend Maddy's 3rd birthday party.

Maddy's mom and dad are dear friends, so it was fun to be a part of their big girl's big day!

It's been a little while since the little girls have been to a kid birthday party, and they thought they were pretty big stuff with their pineapple sippy cups, leis, and cupcakes that Joy delicately smashed into her mouth.

The week following was VBS. I was delighted to serve for the first time, and I had an enlightening week with two five yr olds and two six yr olds. They kept me busy, but it was an honor to love on them and meet them on their various levels. In the afternoons, the girls and I kicked off our shoes...

I soaked up loving on my own children after not being with them during the mornings (p.s. you can sort of see how tired we were- I think I have a crow's foot for each child I chased through their VBS programs!),

and we enjoyed having a shady yard on 90+ degree days!
No comments:
Post a Comment