Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's in your head

I'm done with the cold, and the snow flurries outside are definitely the 7th time we've seen snow this winter! So this is what I'm doing to think warm thoughts...

1. talked to Jake in Cambodia via skype this morning- HIGHLIGHT of my day

2. made Abby Jane a tofu burger for lunch (first time to cook with tofu) in tribute to a warmer place, namely California. She said, "It's gooooood, Mom." She had tofu burger, snap peas with hummus, smoothie... and a Valentine's cookie for lunch. I like it.

3. am wearing a funky shirt and headband, also in tribute to LA

4. am drinking green tea (from my fav Coffee Bean in Malibu) because it makes me feel green and healthy while I read The King's Daughter for my women's study on Thursday night

5. cleaned the bathrooms and dusted during naps today- cleaning= not my first choice, but clean house= happy me

p.s. extraneous blogging this week is for Jake's benefit, so forgive me in advance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on wanting some L.A. weather. My sister was just out there for a required test to graduate med school and she had an extra evening. So, I sent her to Cholada and after that, I sent her to the Coffee Bean. She called me at each stop. I don't know that I've ever been so envious.

JJ said...

what is your skype name? we would love to see those babies live!!
Love you and praying for you while Jake is away!