Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Week Three

On New Year's Day, Jodi (along with Katie and Ian) drove us down from Cartersville back to my mom's.  Jodi married into a very creative brother-in-law and sister-in-law whose Christmas gift to her and Chris was a makeover of their master bedroom (click on the Gregory's blog at right for before and after pictures)!  So Jodi came down to Mom's to get the kids out of the way.  
Jake flew home on Jan. 2 to start his Jan session of class at Azusa, and our week of seeing friends began.  The next day, Abby Jane and I drove to Birmingham and had brunch with Em York at Edgar's (LOVE the new location!)  It was so sweet to get some long overdue Em time in.
Then we drove over to Stephanie's precious home and spent the afternoon with her darling family!
For those who don't know, Steph was one of my roommates at Auburn, but I have only had the chance to be around sweet Amelia and Noah a few times, which is an absolute crime!  Needless to say, we had a fabulous time just being together and letting our babies play!
On Monday, Jo and I took the kids to play at Chastain Park with Grandaddy and Joan.  It was great to get to see them again, and it was also neat to introduce Abby Jane to a park I grew up going to!
Jo and I have gotten really close ever since she went to college, and we love any chance to get to hang out!
Katie and Abby Jane sealed the deal on their best friend status over those few extra days we had together!
Abby Jane loved to help Grammy strum the guitar!
After Jo and the kids left on Tuesday, the tempo of our days picked up, and we had the delight of seeing Keri (who discipled me since 8th grade) again and introduced Abby Jane to the ladies in Mom's accountability group (who are like second moms to me).  Ken, Sandy, Betsy, and Cade came over to play one afternoon and joined Mom and I for another barbeque fix for me before leaving town.  Mom babysat one night while I went to dinner with Lauren, Victoria, and Lyndsay for a great girl's night with sweet friends!  On our last day, we got to go over to Jane's fabulous new home and play with sweet, sweet Elisha and admire Jane's cute little baby bump for the morning!  

We finished out our wonderful last day with a refreshing walk with Grace and Kim Faison and a visit with my Miss Penny.  
The Lord came through in a HUGE way for our trip home by letting our flight be half empty! So we had an open seat next to us and plenty throughout the plane for her to crawl on and look out windows.  About midway through the flight, she was doing GREAT and I was thinking that perhaps I was supermom.  And then I remembered that there was about 500 people praying for us and came off my high horse.  Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!

No comments: