I must warn that there are a TON of pictures in this post! We had the most wonderful time in Auburn and Atlanta- it was just medicine to the soul. Thank you for all of you who made the effort to let us lay eyes on you! It was an absolute delight to see you and your DARLING little ones!
Here are a few pictures from our get-together at Brick Oven with our Auburn friends last Friday night- it is difficult to encapsulate the fabulous chaos that night was with all the kids- and it was the sweetest chaos you can imagine! About 20 adults and 9 kiddos- they ran out of high chairs!



On Friday, we showed Abby Jane where she should go to school. Here she is in front of Samford (which is also where Jake and I got engaged!) We also were able to take her by my old office and go see the new Student Union and Jake's old coworkers.
She did great during the game and actually took a snooze in my lap for about an hour. The ambient noise of Jordan-Hare is the greatest sound machine ever. We snapped this one on our way out of the stadium. It thrills our hearts.
Here she is with Pop-Pop. I think his heart was as thrilled as ours in sharing an Auburn game with his granddaughter!
We got to see so many friends in the course of the day- the Carothers, the Williams', and both sets of the Jonas'- to be such a huge school, it's amazing how you can run into so many people you know. Here is Abby Jane and I with Joy and baby boy Jonas on the way.
Jake with Ash and Chris at Toomer's after the game. Thank heavens it was rolled. Let's not chat about last night's game.
Then Jake flew to Little Rock for a conference, and I went up to Mom's for several days. We had lots of great dock time while we were there!
Here is Abby Jane with her Mimi at GG's apartment.
Most of you know Abby Jane well enough to understand that it was AMAZING when she just chilled in her GG's lap for about 20 minutes when we got there.
Susan, Ryan, and Ashley came down from Greenville for the day on Tuesday. We did a little fall photo shoot of Ashley and Abby Jane. Ryan was very busy playing the whole time- one of the only times he's ever had all of Grammy's toys to himself!
Grandaddy and Joan came over to see the little ones. I love that Abby Jane is getting to know her great-grandparents!


We spent an afternoon with Betsy (and Baby Gillies on the way) and Cade. We loved getting to see their new home!
Abby Jane was SO delighted to see her daddy when we met up with him at the Atlanta airport on the way back to LA on Thursday! She then surpassed our expectations by doing great at MOPs on Friday morning, even with that time zone change. It's amazing how fast kids adjust. Happy Sunday, everyone!
4 comments:
Oh wow - what a blessing to have such sweet time with family and friends! Abby Jane is getting so big! Krisan and I also have pictures in front of Samford hall with our cute little outfits on. The brainwashing worked! :)
I loved seeing all the pictures. Abby Jane is so, so cute! It looks like ya'll had so much fun visiting with everyone. I love Auburn even more now that I am away from it. I can't believe there was a time that I got to spend every day there living with all of my best friends:) Glad that Abby Jane readjusted to the time change so easily!
We had so much fun with yall! So glad to finally meet sweet Abby Jane!!! She is just precious!
Emily!! I loved all the pictures--especially the one of AJ on the field---precious!!!! I was so sad to not be able to make it to that game. I would have loved meeting your little girl and getting to catch up with everyone!! I can only imagine your heart was quite full after that weekend:-) A trip to Auburn always seems to do that~
Post a Comment