Today was the MUCH anticipated trip to the pumpkin patch. Four other mamas (Les, Jen, and two other Emilys) from our small group were going to trek out to this fabulous huge place 30 minutes away (http://www.underwoodfamilyfarms.com) to see the patch, play at the petting zoo, etc.
Well, if you saw the news today, you saw that we have those crazy Santa Ana winds going on today. Out in the area where this farm is, it was a WINDSTORM!!!! It was OUT OF CONTROL. Dust was just blowing across the patch and valley like nobody's business.
Most of the mamas didn't even want to get their little ones out of the car into that crazy wind. I was the nuts lady who had been counting the days until our pumpkin patch excursion. So I grabbed Abby Jane and ran over to the cute pumpkins to document her first pumpkin patch experience. The area where they were was relatively shielded, so the wind wasn't too wild. For the grandparents and great-grandparents reading this, I promise I did not expose Abby Jane
to any danger to her or her health! All I did was let Abby Jane stretch her legs and play for a minute so I could grab a shot or two.
This is her saying "Mama, why did you just run 50 yards and plop me down in the middle of these vegetables and expect me to suddenly make a cute face?" Can you tell that her little baby hair is flying every direction? Bless her heart to have such a crazy mom.
1 comment:
You sweet thing! I would have done the EXACT same thing. Great pictures for it being so crazy. Here's wishing a little cool weather for you.
If you feel like driving up to the central coast there are a few apple orchards and pumpkin patches hidden in a valley where it does actually get cool. Let me know if you're interested.
Post a Comment