Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day, Rice Cereal, and Grandparents...


Father's Day was so fun- I'm still amazed that I'm married to Jake Gross, much less the mama of his baby!  He is such an incredible daddy, and I am so grateful and amazed by how he makes our family his first priority, even when he has tons of Ph.D. work to do on top of a busy job! We had such a sweet day on Sunday celebrating him and just enjoying some family time in the middle of a busy month for Jake.

On Saturday, we started the child on rice cereal and expected big drama, since Abby Jane has definite tastes and opinions on life in general.  We were amazed to see her enjoy her cereal!  She doesn't eat a whole lot before she decides she's done, but she sure enjoys what she eats... and enjoys grabbing the spoon to hurry mama up with the whole feeding process...

Sandy and Ken (Mimi and Pop Pop) came in town this week to play for a few days.  Jake and I were thrilled to see Abby Jane be HAPPY with someone other than us for the first time since this clingy phase started.  She was very settled with them both, which we all enjoyed!  We had a great time having them here.


I've tried to avoid the semi-naked pictures, but I couldn't resist- I had taken off her nightgown while she was playing the other day to start some laundry, and she was just so cute playing that I had to capture my blue-eyed baby.  Sorry Abby Jane!
Here's one of my girl just happy and playing while taking a break from tummy time.  Jake says I think I'm Abby Jane's personal trainer (when she's trying to roll, I say, "Push, girl, push!") Maybe I'm living out a fantasy or something.

5 comments:

The Muncies said...

Oh my goodness, she's not looking like a little baby anymore!!!! I hope she makes a trip out east soon before she starts looking like a little girl!! :) We miss yall!!!!!!!!

Krista said...

Jake and Emily,
Hey! I saw your blog through Ann Barber's. Abby Jane is so adorable. So glad that y'all are doing well and that you had a great Father's Day Jake! Have a great day!
Krista

The Slagleys said...

She looks so big! Her eyes are beautiful! The half naked pictures aren't so bad- they turn out to be some of the cutest ones!

Anonymous said...

mum forget half nkd I want to see her totally nkd I love baby pu--y

Anonymous said...

I agree get hernaked show the world herpussy