Sunday, May 12, 2013

Unpacking

The new house even came with an extra three year old!
Just kidding... Big Sis came down with her sweet Maggie to help me unpack while their big kids were on a trip with their dad. Jodi is not only detail oriented like me, but she is also great at taking a bull by the horns, so generally an excellent moving in or moving out buddy. I was so thankful for her coming down and being a part of our first few days of transition. I've got a great big sis.
So we put Grammy on little girl duty, which I'm sure ranked astronomically higher than the final-clean-of-old-house duty she had volunteered for the day before while we attacked boxes.

As a PS to the last post, I thought I would show Abby Jane seeing her bunk bed for the first time. YEA the girl gets a legit place to sleep with her sisters!
 I know the next question you have is... "yes, so how is it going having three girls all sleep together?" Lucky for you, since I'm way behind on my blogging, all these things happened almost two months ago, and I can answer you much more knowledgeably now than I could have then. The bottom line is that it's going great. Abby Jane no longer takes afternoon naps now, so she's ready to go to sleep at night. The twins do still nap, so they are ready for an after-party when we turn the lights out. Abby Jane has learned to tune them out for the most part. I tell her dorm room stories of how I had to go to sleep before my roommates because of clinicals for nursing school. Just like her, I slept on the top bunk, and just like her, there were people talking and laughing and lights on sometimes when I was falling asleep. But just like with her, there was also a sound machine on and it's really quite lovely and cozy to hear the voices of people you love as you're falling asleep. For the most part, she hangs in there and has adjusted beautifully to the room sharing life. A really smart mom of three young girls told me last fall that she is much more concerned about strengthening the relationships between her three daughters than she is about their relationship with Susie down the street. I love that perspective on making the sister relationship a priority, and I can testify that in this particular season of their lives, room-sharing has been a beautiful success!

No comments: