Sunday, May 12, 2013

Last Days...

Right after we had signed our agreement for the new home, Jake came down with two strands of the big, bad flu. It was no joking matter and involved one ambulance ride and several days of the girls being shipped off to the grandparents to keep them away from the virus raging in our home.  So while I stayed home to make sure Jake stayed alive and do my best to keep our home as sterile and sanitized as feasible, I put a fresh coat of paint on our breakfast table and attempted to strip and repaint the chest below.  This chest was Jake's dresser growing up, Abby Jane's changing table and dresser as a baby in LA, and has served as my "buffet" for the last few years.
 I loved the result. However, I did not properly strip the wood, because the stain is coming through the paint now and likely we'll need to re-do the job. But you get the idea.
After Jake recovered, we got our kids back and went about the business of packing up the house and making closure happen for the girls. Here is their last evening to play in their old playroom before I packed it up. The twins were only crawling when Jake created that space for them- we spent a lot of life on that remnant of carpet !!
 
The hardest part of moving for our girlies was leaving the sweet neighbors that the girls had spent their whole remembered lives playing with. This sweet friend, Jordan, was like a big sister to them, and we have spent countless days playing with her over the years. In those last days, we soaked up all the opportunities we could have enjoying those sweet friendships!

 Practicing leaps...


One last bike ride for Abby Jane and her shadow.
The cul de sac kids. Truly probably 90% of our afternoons were spent with these sweet children, and I'm thankful for the big brother/ big sis relationships these big-hearted kids have had with our girls over the years.
 Even on moving day, the big girls came over in the rain to ask if they could help load the truck. We sure love these kids and pray God's blessing on them and their families.

No comments: