Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine's








I love Valentine's Day because of it's proximity to Abby Jane's birthday- the celebrating and partying just goes on and on! Here are a few "place cards" and centerpieces we took to Abby Jane's school party!
Thank you, Pinterest, for showing me heart-shaped pepperonis that I could use to accessorize the pizza our teacher requested! Didn't have time for the after-baking shot, but here's the before!
For those of you on facebook, this was right after Joy told me she didn't want to make Valentines or show her love to people on Valentine's, but that she wanted "to show my badness."
My three sweetest of sweets on Valentine's morning enjoying their spoils with their heart pancakes! Actually, four of my sweets- Jake's reflection is in them mirror. Shout-out to Magic Jacket.
After Daddy went to work, we went to work on strawberry dipping for our fancy dinner that night. It turns out that was one of the easiest, low-stress, kid-involved treat-making activities ever. Even Joy was really good at it. We called the stem the hair and said, "Hold the hair back, then dip the strawberry up to its shoulders!" They thought that was really funny.



Some curly-headed individuals may or may not have dipped a few strawberries, then swiped a tiny angel finger in the chocolate before it could set. She's a sneaky one on things like that. You're so busy handling Joy that you don't see Stealth Child move in.
There are benefits to being a twin!
Unpictured here after strawberry dipping was meeting a friend who missed the ballet party for a little playdate, then going to Jake's office for lunch with our favorite Valentine! This was some sister love after naptime that afternoon.
Blythe helped me set the table for our fancy dinner that night, complete with my good silver and napkin ring usage. We all also took a step up in dishes- Jake and I were on fine china and the girls had three courses, one of which was on my everyday china. Blythe is the only three year old I would hand my china to with no hesitation.



The girls were fascinated by the concept of courses, and loved Jake and I formally waiting on them. This funny face is code for I'm hungry, stop taking pictures please!


Leftover ballet party pink lemonade with leftover class party cute straws, but no one's the wiser!
Enjoying the "fruit" of her labor!
Then after the girls sugar bombed and went to sleep, we had a lovely dinner and evening accompanied with this serendipitous bottle of wine. It was a graduation gift from a dear friend of ours who had no idea that it is our absolute favorite wine from a vineyard in Central CA that we visited once several years ago. What are the chances you just pick that out at the store without knowing the significance??
Love celebrating love with my precious family and thinking of Him Who loved us first!!!

1 comment:

lhassler said...

You have got to be the best mom I know. I wish I had ideas like those. Your girls are so blessed.