Thursday, February 7, 2013
Magic Jacket
Athleta calls it their Interval Jacket in turquoise. I call it Magic Jacket. It was an amazing and humbling gift from a dear friend last September, and it has revolutionized my winter running this year. (Obviously my ability to keep my mirror angel-finger-smudge-free is not as magical or revolutionized, but back to the jacket.)
It gets it own post because though this jacket may appear light-weight, it makes me invincible in winter temperatures. 30 degrees with 15 mph wind? No problemo. I'll wear a long sleeve shirt under my jacket and call it a day. No more claustrophobic-four-layer-mornings that take a while to get all straightened out and still feel a wind cut through. It's one, maximum two light layers and Magic Jacket, and I'm toasty and comfortable.
Jake gets a lot of mileage out of this. For instance, "Are you really going running tomorrow morning? It's going to be really cold. Oh wait, you have Magic Jacket, never mind." The down-side of Magic Jacket is that unless it's really raining (because it's water-resistant, too), I don't have a great excuse to not run based on something objective like the weather.
Coming from a typical nickel-and-dimer, if you want to make a winter run not something you dread or have to just get through, go get your own Magic Jacket! Who knows- it might even go on sale soon and you'll be all set for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment