Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What we really did in August

August was a HUGE push month for Jake as he is in the final stages of writing his dissertation and will be defending later in the fall. (YEAAA!!) Jake spent, and is still spending, a LOT of long days and late nights doing this...
So I spent a LOT of time making fun things like this little number that Pinterest inspired me to do with scraps from my fabric bin. It was also a HUGE month for 418, due to a lovely number of orders and some gracious gifts. I stopped sewing for 418 at night back in the spring in an effort to set better boundaries, but when Jake disappeared to go write in August, I hit the sewing projects!
 Mid-month, we took a break from writing and sewing and life. We dropped the ladies off with Mimi and Bop Bop and had the Best. Date. Ever. Just us, out on this quiet little lake near us that we hadn't explored yet.
 It was peaceful and beautiful, and we paddled til the sun went behind the trees. THEN we went to see a 9:00 showing (who has done that since college?) of the new Bourne movie, which we loved.
The next day, the girls actually stayed with the grandparents all day while we started the day with a breakfast date, then Jake went to work, I consignment shopped and was in general immensely productive. Late afternoon, I picked Jake up and we had another SUPER fun, super funny paddleboard date on another lake area we hadn't been to. We played reaaaallly hard that time and did stupid stuff like handstands. You know that disgusting burp that happens when you cough a ton after swallowing a lot of water? At one point I was laughing so hard in the water that THAT happened.

One of my favorite things about being married to Jake is that we have the same taste in what makes a good time. That 24 hour period was a GOOD time with this guy who I think hung the moon.

1 comment:

Bev Elliott said...

Love the new blog topper!