Thursday, July 12, 2012

Celebrating America

We started the Fourth off with the Peachtree Road Race, which has to be Atlanta's best tradition. This year seemed to be the best year I can remember, with seemingly more bands, more vendors along the way, and all the usual festive crowds lining the road! I also realized that it has now been 15 years since my first Peachtree... which made me feel a little old.
Then we joined our cuties up at Mimi and Bop Bop's, who spent the morning at Cartersville's 4th of July parade.

 Jake practicing up for his high dive in London.


 I got a little Pinterest-y with the watermelon.
 
The twins added to their reputation of nap-time-terrors-if-not-confined-in-cribs, this time pulling the window panes off the window and breaking them. Can you imagine? So all that vandalism wore out this particular little angel with her now-crooked halo, and she took her afternoon nap with Mama. This hasn't happened in a long, long time, and though I wish she had slept when she was supposed to, I ate up her snuggles.
We got to skype with the Gillies in New Zealand! So fun to get to see that precious family- we can't wait to have them back in the States for a visit this fall!
 And the Elliotts and Mom came up to spend the afternoon and cookout with us.  It was a circus.

 Shocker, Joy loved the sparklers!

Ken told us to line up by the road and get ready for something...
 Then he and Jake re-enacted the morning parade, waving their flags and throwing out candy that looked suspiciously like that which the girls had collected earlier. :) The kids loved it. Creative Bop Bop!
 So thankful for those who sacrifice in order for us to spend days like this in the home of the free and the land of the brave!

No comments: